PREVENT.ZONE - Software Acceptable Use
Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Clause
- Prevent.Zone and AliveTek Inc. intellectual property, courseware and computers attached to our network, and any associated computational resource or service, are for the use of persons affiliated with [insert institution here] including faculty, staff, contractors and students. Access to Prevent.Zone materials are provided to your institution to further your school's mission of creating a respectful and collegial environment free of harassment and bullying. The use of these resources should be consistent with this policy, the institution's desired use, security policies, and other applicable regulations including the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA, 2012). By using this course and associated electronic resources, all individuals, including, but not limited to, employees, students, customers, and affiliated student organizations such as Greek organizations, unconditionally accept the terms of this policy. For more information on COPPA, please visit: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions
Acceptable use of Prevent.Zone and AliveTek Inc. courseware are based on common sense, decency, ethical use, civility, and data use security applied to the computing environment provided by your institution. All students and authorized users may expect
reasonable privacy with regard to all computer files and e-mail. Notwithstanding, AliveTek Inc. at the request of the host institution may access university-owned or networked computers for maintenance and upgrades and to monitor or troubleshoot
networks for course-related security, network audits, investigations, and/or legal requirements. Computers or systems may also be accessed through established procedures for reasonably suspected abuse of this policy and/or other institutionally
acceptable use policies. If illicit activity or data security breach of any kind is suspected as a result of routine monitoring, an internal or external investigation may result, specific to your institutional IT policies and procedures. Users may
be entitled to notification of such access, and, whenever possible, notification should precede access. Any actions that compromise the integrity of AliveTek data networks, linked institutional networks, services, or resources is strictly prohibited.
Examples of unacceptable uses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using the resources for any purpose which violates federal or state laws.
- Using the resources for commercial, sales, and advertising purposes without AliveTek's approval.
- Sending or storing for retrieval patently harassing, intimidating, or abusive material.
- Misrepresenting your identity or affiliation while using information technology resources.
- Using someone else's identity and password for access to information technology resources, logging others into the network to access information technology resources, or using the network to make unauthorized entry to other computational, information, or communications devices or resources.
- Attempting to evade, disable, or "crack" passwords or other security provisions of systems on the network.
- Reproducing and/or distributing material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property without appropriate authorization.
- Copying or modifying files belonging to AliveTek Inc., or hosted institutional course site, without authorization, including altering data.
- Using the resources for political activities, including organizing or participating in any political meeting, rally, demonstration, soliciting contributions or votes, distributing material, surveying or polling for information connected to a political campaign, completing political surveys or polling information, and any other activities prohibited under the ethics act and/or other state/federal laws.
- Purposefully interfering with or disrupting another information technology user's work as well as the proper function of information processing and network services or equipment.
- Intercepting or altering network packets.
- Certain violations of this acceptable use policy, which involve the potential for illegal conduct (including accessing certain course files, or any activity which may constitute fraud or the misappropriation of AliveTek's courseware), may be reported to external agencies or law enforcement for investigation. Contact your institution's IT Dept. or Dean of Students for more information on your institution's policy on acceptable use.